Reading a PDP-11 RL02: Anyone Around the U.S. West Coast?

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Sun Feb 11 14:58:48 CST 2018

    > From: Bill Degnan

    > What is the OS of the disks, what system was this disk used to
    > create/save files to the RL02?

Doesn't really matter, does it, as long as the bits can all be read off the
pack into a file?

Once it's in a file, the appropriate OS, running in a simulator (and most
are, these days) can read the files out. Worst case, someone can write a
program to read the files out (I've done that for V6 filesystems - before I
found http://www.tuhs.org/Archive/Tools/Filesys/) and also 4.2 FFS. (And
somewhere I used to have a program to read DOS disks, but I just looked and
couldn't find it.)

	Noel