IBM 9331-011 8" External Floppy Drive - eBay 183038271095

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Thu Feb 1 21:34:38 CST 2018

On Thu, 1 Feb 2018, Ali via cctalk wrote:
> Of course if you want to get fancy w/ the FDADP: www.ibm51xx.net ;)

If it's not going to be simply spread out accross the table, then
I would rather use DC37, not HD50 and 50 pin Blue Ribbon ("Centronics")

34 to DC37 in the PC.
DC37 to DC37 from PC to drive case
FDADAP inside the 8" drive case.

ALL drive cabling done with connectors that are normally used for
floppies; no "SCSI" connectors to confuse the unwary.

(Of course, I had been working in a college, where people routinely
connected 5150 keyboard to cassette connector, connected MDA and CGA
monitors to the wrong video boards, monitor and early Microsoft bus mouse
to each other's boards, PC printer to Mac-Plus DB25 (SCSI), and tried to
use gender changer adapters to interchange printer and modem connections!
("But we NEED two printers on that computer, and the other port is the
wrong gender.")  The lab "technicians" eventually learned.  Some of the
teachers never learned.)