IBM 9331-011 8" External Floppy Drive - eBay 183038271095

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Thu Feb 1 19:47:00 CST 2018

On Thu, 1 Feb 2018, Bill Gunshannon via cctalk wrote:
> It doesn't guarantee that you will be able to read most (because of
> shortcomings
> in the PC floppy controller) but dbit.com offers an adapter called an
> FDADAP that
> lets you connect a 50 pin 8" disk to the PC controller.  I have a couple
> and they
> work great.

I agree.
I always made my own cables, but I did mention [ABOVE] that FDADAP
is the easy way to handle the cabling.

First cable that I made, I used a solderless bread-board, and looking at
both pinouts, started placing wires.
Once I saw what I was ending up with, subsequent cables were a flat 34 pin
cable, that I peeled out a few wires, and very carefully held them in
place to crimp on a 50 pin connector.