Osborne-1 with prototype-based motherboard

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Sat Dec 29 18:23:09 CST 2018

On Sat, 29 Dec 2018, Chuck Guzis via cctalk wrote:
> I first saw the O1 when Richard showed me into a room with the various
> bits strewn about on a tabletop (no case yet).  I opined that it would
> never sell with the tiny display.

I had known that Lee was working on something like that, but no details
until Adam was hanging around while they built one of the most lavish
Computer Faire booths across the aisle from mine (which was flush doors on
short filing cabinets) with Joe Garner's "Elcompco" already on display,
with a couple of sales.

We opined, "They've got enough room for larger; first big upgrade will be
a bigger screen."  Joe's Elcompco also had a 5" screen in a Halliburton
attache case, without room for more, but with an RCA jack for external
monitor.

In those days, my eyesight was so good that I had no problem with it.  I
sometimes used a viewfinder form a video camera as a portable monitor.

Grumpy Ol' Fred     		cisin at xenosoft.com