Osborne-1 with prototype-based motherboard

Jules Richardson jules.richardson99 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 29 18:20:58 CST 2018

On 12/29/18 2:53 PM, Brad H via cctalk wrote:
> Am just posting this as I am hoping someone out there knows someone who was
> involved with Osborne back in the day to find out more this Osborne 1
> motherboard I found in a low serial O1 I picked up for $100.

Is it just the board layout that's different, or does it appear to be a
completely different animal, schematic-wise? (I mean, is there a
possibility that the common schematics could still be used for fault
diagnosis, despite the different chip locations)

I wonder why the board layout changed? I mean sure there was a lot of
unused space in yours, but it's not like the production boards were
physically smaller. I'm surprised that additional space couldn't have been
used for some other potential future purpose - RAM expansion or whatever.

cheers

Jules