Which DEC machine made use of th pre Flip-Chip board?

Mattis Lind mattislind at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 06:58:30 CST 2018

Den fre 21 dec. 2018 kl 12:03 skrev Rod Smallwood via cctalk <
cctalk at classiccmp.org>:

> It could be a prototype that never made it to production, internal
> automated test gear or a bespoke job.

Do you know or just guessing? Why would it be some kind of test gear with a
AR, MQ, and MB designation?

I searched a bit more and the PDP-6 has exactly AR, MQ and MB registers. My
guess it comes from a PDP-6 since it was not used in the PDP-1, PDP-4 and
PDP-5 from looking in the maintenance manuals.. Then I found this manual:

http://bitsavers.trailing-edge.com/pdf/dec/pdp6/F-67_circuitInstr_May66.pdf

Which confirms that is from a PDP-6. Page 3-13. It also makes sense since
one of the other boards from the same seller has a tag on it which indicate
PDP-6.

Case closed..