More old stuff incoming

Douglas Taylor dj.taylor4 at comcast.net
Wed Dec 19 10:36:41 CST 2018

I too have an old spectrometer that requires a PC with an ISA slot,
[Bomem MB series] and the interface card is ISA form.  It has been a
challenge to find old PC's with an ISA slot, most are recycled for
scrap.  The ones I have came from thrift stores, but now the thrift
stores are reluctant to carry old PC's.  No one wants them except a few
people with specific hardware/software requirements.

I also use an old PC that still has the ability to run both 3.5 and 5.25
inch floppies for transferring data to Vax/PDP-11 machines using PUTR.
The 5.25 inch floppy was dropped from most late model PC's, the
controller chip wouldn't support it.

Doug