Orphan HP Alphaservers looking for a new home

Grant Taylor cctalk at gtaylor.tnetconsulting.net
Mon Dec 17 17:32:26 CST 2018

On 12/17/2018 04:02 PM, Richard Loken via cctalk wrote:
> I have immediate access to four Alphaservers, an RA8000 raid server,
> and the associated fibre switches in need of a new home.

Where are the servers located?  Are they in Athabasca, Alberta Canada
near you?

> There three servers that were running Tru64 Unix 5 when shut down a week
> ago, they are a DS15, and two ES45s.  There is also a third ES45 which
> has not run in a decade and was kept around as a cold spare.
>
> None of the RA8000 disk will be available because the present owner is
> protecting his data (of course) but all of the unused spare disks are
> available and they will fit the internal slots in the DS15 and ES45s which
> may or may not have disks depending on the whim of the present owner.

Understandable.

Is the owner keeping the raw disks or are they disks staying in sleds /
enclosures?  Read:  Are the enclosures sans-disks available?

> Lots of paper docs and Tru64 OS installation kits but no licenses.

ACK

> They can be had for free but shipping will most assuridly not be free.

Does it need to move as a single lot?  Or is someone (you?) willing to
passel things out (assuming everything moves relatively quickly)?

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die