Core memory emulator using non volatile ram.

Kyle Owen kylevowen at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 12:13:47 CST 2018

I've seen a lot of talk about memory technologies, but as far as I can see,
no one has offered any complete solutions.

One already exists, thanks to the efforts of Steve Lafferty, Vince
Slyngstad, and others.

http://so-much-stuff.com/pdp8/32KOmnibus/32KOmnibus.php

Yes, it uses a battery. FPGAs and CPLDs are not needed (though a CPLD could
reduce all of the logic and drivers to a single chip, with the ATF1508).

Numerous Omnibus PDP-8 owners have these cards, and I swear by them in my
machines. I'd much rather keep a hefty load off of the power supply and
free up 11 card slots, especially in my 8/M.

Maybe with enough interest, Vince would consider doing another run of
boards.

Thanks,

Kyle