DECUS PDP-11 SPACE WAR?

Bill Gunshannon bill.gunshannon at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 8 10:26:43 CST 2018

On 12/8/18 11:16 AM, Al Kossow via cctalk wrote:

> On 12/8/18 7:10 AM, Bill Gunshannon via cctalk wrote:
>
>> As long as we're talking about old PDP-11 DECUS stuff I
>>
>> am still looking for a copy of:
>>
>> 11S042       Symposium Tape from the RSTS SIG, Spring 1980,
>>
>> Chicago Version: Spring 1980
>>

>> Of course, I would be interested in pretty much anything from
>>
>> the RSTS SIG but this is  my holy grail.  :-)
>>

>> bill
>>

> Maybe I can talk Josh at LCM+L to work on a joint project in 2019 to
> see what DECUS submissions they and CHM have.
>
> I know Lyle would really like me to read his DECUS
> PDP-12 DECtapes and I really should better organize
> what is in bitsavers.org/bits/DEC. I probably makes
> sense to break out the DECUS library there.

Would be nice to save what of this can still be recovered.

It was disturbing to hear DECUS threw stuff out, but not

surprising.  I know of other such actions.  Stuff Dennis

Ritchie donated to a former East Coast Computer Museum

was discarded and I also know of stuff given to USENIX

that they tossed (luckily some of that has been recovered

but I am sure much was lost permanently).

bill