MicroVAX I

Douglas Taylor dj.taylor4 at comcast.net
Mon Aug 13 10:22:30 CDT 2018

On 8/12/2018 11:36 PM, robertbeauchamp33--- via cctalk wrote:
> My mother is moving and her spouse has a MicroVax I he bought new back in 1984 for some crazy amount. I don’t see this model listed in your chart? Can you tell me if there is any value to this machine? He also has two original monitors.
>
> Sent from my iPhone

Could be quite interesting to this community depending on how it has
been stored since 1984 and is it complete and functional. Don't have any
expectations for hard disks to work.  What models are the monitors?
VT100's?  Do you have the keyboards?  Any software?

It is an antique and the condition, along with what's inside of the box
determine how much interest there will be.

As far as Vax and MicroVax systems the MicroVax I was probably the
slowest of them all, and least capable.  Their selling point was that
they didn't need an entire room, it could be placed in a normal office
environment.

Doug