Rick Dickinson, ZX Spectrum designer, RIP

Mark J. Blair nf6x at nf6x.net
Thu Apr 26 14:33:37 CDT 2018

Over here in the US, I remember seeing the Sinclair QL in a magazine (probably Byte?) and thinking it looked exotic and interesting. I thought the little tape drives looked neat, and didn’t know enough to appreciate how much better a floppy drive would have made the system.

I have no regrets at all about getting an Amiga 1000 to take to college, and now I appreciate even better than then just how lucky I was. But to this day, I’d still like to play with a QL and get an idea of what it would have been like to head off to college with a shiny new one of those. There are a few other UK computers which I’m also curious about, since they’re not so common over here in the US.

--
Mark J. Blair <nf6x at nf6x.net>
http://www.nf6x.net