Int 13h buffer 64k boundaries

Peter Coghlan cctalk at beyondthepale.ie
Fri Apr 20 05:23:25 CDT 2018

> I remember
> going to the regional IBM sales office (was that on Arques? It's been
> too lnng), purchase order in hand, wanting to pick up 10 of the 5150s.
> Nobody really know what we were asking for--finally, someone showed up
> and told us that the lead time would be 12 weeks ARO.  We went down to
> Computerland and bought out their stock that evening.

That reminds me of when I phoned IBM here in Ireland looking for software
support for their VM mainframe operating system not too many years later,
sometime in the early 1990s.  I spelled out every variation of the name
I could think of but they kept asking me what version of OS/2 I had.
I guess by then the circle had turned again.

Regards,
Peter Coghlan.