8085 Dissasembly?

Torfinn Ingolfsen tingox at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 04:50:42 CDT 2018

On Mon, Apr 16, 2018 at 9:01 PM, W2HX via cctech <cctech at classiccmp.org> wrote:
> Hi friends. I have a 1990's vintage commercial radio system that uses an 80C85A CPU. I am looking to hopefully modify the firmware to make some small changes in its behavior.  The firmware is contained in two EPROMS.
>

> Can anyone recommend a decent disassembler to use with this? Preferably something that ran in windows 10 or windows 7? A dos box would be fine too.

Since it has not been mentioned yet: NF6X's dismantler supports the
8085 (and a couple of other CPUs): https://github.com/NF6X/dismantler
It is written in Python, so it should run on any platform where Python
is available. From the description "semiautomatic code recognition"
and "allows binary files to be disassembled from the command line".
Note: I haven't used it yet, so I have no personal experience of
whether it is good or not.

HTH
--
Regards,