Scanned paperback book "RSX A User's Guide"

Mark Matlock mark at matlockfamily.com
Mon Apr 16 21:54:04 CDT 2018

   I recently decided to make scan a paperback book that I happen to have two copies of. It is "RSX A Guide for Users by John Pieper” published in 1987 by DEC. I have not seen a copy of it in any of the online sources like bit savers. For anyone just starting out with RSX it is a nice general read that also covers some system topics like backups, etc. similar to the paper back VAX/VMS user and system manager books.

   I’d like to make it available online but wasn’t sure how to submit it. It is about 38 MB in size so bigger than an email (at my email).

  Since I didn’t have an industrial book shear to remove the binding, I used a belt sander to remove enough go the binding to pull the pages free easily and then used a paper cutter to trim the pages a bit to remove any last traces of glue that would have jammed the scanner. The book is about 360 pages.

Thanks,
Mark Matlock