Toshiba Laptop needing new home

Tapley, Mark mtapley at swri.edu
Wed Apr 11 14:52:54 CDT 2018

All,
	in San Antonio (Texas), I have a Toshiba Satellite 2065CDS/4.3 laptop, Model number PRS206U-A, whose owner wants to give or throw it away (preferred give).
	It has a 16-bit ethernet card including dongle and driver floppy, annoying eraser-head cursor control with replacement eraser heads, USB port, 3.5” floppy, CD drive. Starts up to Toshiba screen and shows 160 MBytes of RAM. I watched it boot to Win98 once and fail to boot many times. I think the owner had it dual-booting to Linux as well, but he is having the disk wiped to make sure no personal information goes with it. The battery kept it running for only about 15 seconds on power-disconnect after being plugged in (running) for an hour or two, so probably not much battery life available. I think the freshly-cleaned hard drive has ~ 4 GB of space, don’t know for sure about that.
	Let me know if you are interested; I’ll forward inquiries to the owner as I get them.
					- Mark
					210-522-6025 office         210-379-4635    cell