P112

Bill Gunshannon bill.gunshannon at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 8 09:37:34 CDT 2018

Some more data points.

I have tried four different floppy cables and 6 different floppy
drives (different brands, as well).

I  had one combination where it actually booted the P112/GIDE
floppy.  Got sector read errors.  But wait, it gets better.  I rebooted
about a half dozen times.  The errors move.  Never the same sectors
twice.  What the system does depends on which sectors fail to read.
None of the disks created with winrawwrite work.  I am going to
assume at this point that USB floppies can not be used to build these
images.  I have a dos box with a real floppy interface but moving stuff
to it is not easy. (time to fire up Kermit again!!)

In most cases I get "unrecognizable disk format" or
"error reading boot track(s)" followed by "unrecognizable disk format".

I do have to admit that I find it hard to believe that the cable to the
floppy can actually make a difference.

bill