looking at buying a pocket PC / PDA

Robert Feldman r_a_feldman at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 30 14:08:02 CDT 2017

<From: tom sparks <tomasparks.ts at gmail.com>
<snip>
<I want something that has anti-procrastinate features (no internet, no
<videos, no mp3s, etc),
<long battery life (40+ hours),
<easy replaceable batteries

On all of your points, I would recommend the HP LX200. I have one and carry it with me every day.

Runs MS-DOS 5.0 on two AA batteries (alkaline or rechargeable) for months (literally).

VT100 emulation is built-in.

You can get them on the internet (they even have been used as a web server), but you will want to use the PCMCIA slot for a RAM card, rather than a network card.

Many users like the keyboard: it is easy to thumb type on it, and it has a full number pad -- it was designed as a portable Lotus 1-2-3 computer.

You can get versions with a double-speed crystal and internal RAM up to 64 MB.

There is still an active user community, repair services available in the US and Europe and thousands of programs available.

The main problem is that the plastic at the hinges has a tendency to crack, but that often can be repaired.

Bob