looking at buying a pocket PC / PDA

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Sun Oct 29 13:41:35 CDT 2017

On 29 October 2017 at 16:53, Lawrence Woodman via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> I was also thinking of something a little bit bigger, such as the M100.  The
> Cambridge Z88 is an excellent machine and they are still being sold new in
> box.
>
>  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cambridge_Z88

A fair point. I have one. I must send it off to Rakewell and get it
upgraded and maxed out. I think they can take 512 kB of RAM now, and
there are Flash media with a meg on.

http://www.rakewell.com/z88/z88.shtml

The OS, OZ, is still in development, remarkably.

https://sourceforge.net/p/z88/news/2016/12/cambridge-z88-rom-v47-released/

The big snag is still that it's relatively hard to get files /off/ the
things and into a modern computer.

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk • Google Mail/Talk/Plus: lproven at gmail.com