Apple II no video display

Dave Wade dave.g4ugm at gmail.com
Fri Oct 27 15:24:58 CDT 2017

Its just not something I have seen. It was the higher loading that was
concerning me...

> How about using the scope to trace back through Q3 to the resistive inputs
of
> R6,7,8 where the video elements are resistively combined.
> See how the signals and levels are at the input end of those resistors.
>
> If you're seeing frame sync without line sync, perhaps look back towards
the
> sync combiner which appears is probably C13.
>
> Would have to stare at the logic more to discern what all the inputs there
are
> doing.
> The apple II schematic is terrible (IMO).
> 	 (looking at:
> http://www.freeinfosociety.com/electronics/schemview.php?id=1472 )

There are more usable schematics in the Apple II Redbook, but they are
spread over several pages so working out fan-in and fan-out.
I am sure I got mine from applelogic.org but it appears to be down. There is
a copy here:-

http://www.classiccmp.org/cini/pdf/Apple/Apple%20II%20(Redbook)%20Reference%
20Manual%2030th%20Anniversary.pdf

but as it works on another monitor I suspect the one I was using does not
like Apple video...

Dave