DR-DOS

jim stephens jwsmail at jwsss.com
Mon Nov 20 11:57:11 CST 2017

On 11/20/2017 6:35 AM, Liam Proven via cctalk wrote:
> On 17 November 2017 at 19:02, Tomasz Rola <rtomek at ceti.pl> wrote:
>> Please excuse me if my remark is unnecessary, but if I read you right,
>> you have:
>>
>> 1. Downloaded "empty" disk image - which apparently boots enough to
>> display two dots
> No.
>
> The original DR-DOS Enhancement Project website --
> http://www.drdosprojects.de/ -- is no longer there.
The downloads page for this seems to be relatively intact on
archive.org.  I didn't see you had checked there for their original work.
> The download I found for 7.01-8 was here:
>
> https://archiveos.org/drdos/
>
> This download includes what it claims is a bootable diskette. It is
> not a bootable diskette. It is an empty diskette image.
>
> What I've done is make it bootable.

<snip>

The archive.org snapshots may have had the blank images, but they also
seem to have grabbed the archived downloads as well.

This is an arbitrary link to the 3/26/2016 snapshot.  There are quite a
few others, and I didn't try anything yet to see if the data is good or not.

https://web.archive.org/web/20160326184121/http://www.drdosprojects.de/index.cgi/download.htm

Thanks
Jim