WTB: HP-85 16k RAM Module and HPIB Floppy Drive

Curious Marc curiousmarc3 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 22:27:29 CST 2017

> I think that the upgraded B model ROMs in the PRM-85 are supposed to let it use the newer drives.
Yes it does. I have an HP 85A, the PRM 85 and a 9122, and that combo works beautifully. I am not sure I ever tried it with high density diskettes though. I could check that if you want.
Marc

On Nov 14, 2017, at 9:40 PM, Mark J. Blair via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> On Nov 14, 2017, at 20:33, Ed Sharpe via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>
> ok back in my day.. I do not think 85 adressed modern drive of 1.44 meg..? so that was what I was going on.. yes if you can use 1.44 do so.. older new media hard to find...

I am still new to this HP-85 stuff, but I think you are correct about the A model system not originally handling the 1.44M drive. I think that the upgraded B model ROMs in the PRM-85 are supposed to let it use the newer drives.