WTB: HP-85 16k RAM Module and HPIB Floppy Drive

Ed Sharpe couryhouse at aol.com
Tue Nov 14 22:33:04 CST 2017

ok back in my day.. I do not think 85 adressed modern drive of 1.44 meg..? so that was what I was going on.. yes if you can use 1.44 do so.. older new media hard to find...

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail

On Tuesday, November 14, 2017 Mark J. Blair via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

On Nov 14, 2017, at 20:11, Ed Sharpe via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> wondervifcthec9122 drives,will work on 85?

I think I can guess what you meant to say there... :)

I’ve ordered a PRM-85 (a modern reprogrammable ROM drawer replacement) which includes the HP-85B version of the Mass Storage ROM, and the Extended Mass Storage ROM. Based on what I have read, I think that should let my A model use the newer 9122C drive, and other drives using either the Amigo or SS-80 protocols.

I’d like to get the 9122C mostly because I have a much easier time finding 1.44M media than the older double density media. eBay and I don’t talk, so that limits my options a bit. If I had easy access to lots of 3.5” DD media, then I would consider getting one of the more plentiful (?) other 3.5” HPIB floppy drives.