PDP-8 chassis on eBay

Pete Turnbull pete at dunnington.plus.com
Wed Nov 8 06:38:09 CST 2017

On 07/11/2017 15:09, william degnan via cctalk wrote:
> The seller in the past sold an 8i I believe, it's probably an 8i.
> Bill
>
> On Tue, Nov 7, 2017 at 10:00 AM, Dave via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Can you tell which PDP8 this goes with?  Would an 8/e panel fit?
>> Dave

It's an 8/e (of which I have two, and a nearby friend has three or four
more, as well as a couple of 8/Ms) chassis.  It takes a big linear PSU
and two 10-slot Omnibus backplanes.  The 8/F and 8/M (OEM version,
usually with a very simple turnkey panel) are shorter, take only one
10-slot Omnibus backplane, and have a completely different switch-mode PSU.

--
Pete
Pete Turnbull