DEC RX03 RT11A file extractor

John Wilson wilson at dbit.com
Wed Nov 1 12:33:27 CDT 2017

On Wed, Nov 01, 2017 at 10:10:00AM -0700, Chuck Guzis via cctalk wrote:
>A bit more on the RX03 floppies and why putr probably dies.
>
>The home block for these contains the usual "DECRT11A" and "RT11A" tags,
>as well as the Rad-50 "V3A", cluster size and first directory segment
>pointer, but everything else in the block is set to ASCII space (hex
>20), including the checksum.
>
>Is this usual for these floppies?

No, but it's what (at least some versions of) RSTS's "FIT" utility does
when initializing a directory.  If you'd be willing to send me a .DSK file,
I'd be happy to have a little talk with PUTR.  It's loooong overdue for an
upgrade (and I'm loooong overdue for finishing a portable version I started
ages ago, as a set of FUSE drivers I was going to roll into a utility that
didn't rely on Linux's FUSE and would run anywhere).

John Wilson
D Bit