HP 9836 systems and Fuji Pictrography 4000 printer available

Tony Duell ard.p850ug1 at gmail.com
Fri May 26 14:50:29 CDT 2017

On Fri, May 26, 2017 at 8:45 PM, Bob Rosenbloom via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
> Spring cleaning time!
>
> I have three vintage HP 9836 computers, two monochrome monitors, one color
> monitor and three printers.
> I'm sure they are going to need work to get running. No testing has been
> done. Could probably get two out
> of the three working. Somewhere I have a few various I/O cards also that
> will be included.

The video boards (in the main unit, under the left disk drive) are different
between mono and colour versions of the 9836. You can't use a colour
monitor on a monochrome machine or vice versa. So if somebody
ends up taking 1 or 2 machines, make sure you get the right monitors.

An easy way to tell them apart without dismantling is that the colour
machine has a thumbwheel (contrast control) on the bottom.. Left
side, about level with the front of the drives. The mono machine
doesn't. The mono motor has a knob on the back, the colour
monitor has an IEC mains connector.

-tony