BBS software for the PDP 11

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Thu May 18 09:59:26 CDT 2017

On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 9:14 AM, Systems Glitch via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>> BSD 2.11 should run fine on a 34 or 23
>
> You need split I&D for 2.11BSD, that rules out the 11/23 and IIRC the 11/34 as well.

Yep.

> I want to say 2.9BSD will run though.

Yep, but you might not be happy running it on the 11/34 since it's
limited to 248K of RAM (back in the day, I ran 2.9BSD on an 11/24
because it was Unibus and I could put a couple of MB in it).  It will
install and boot and run, but be tight.  Same goes for using an RL02
as the install volume.  You can install to it but it's really not
enough space to install everything and recompile the kernel.  RK07 is
fine.

-ethan