Looking for TRS-80 Model parts (and/or someone in the Phoenix, AZ area)

Peter Cetinski pete at pski.net
Mon May 1 13:49:09 CDT 2017

Pete

> On May 1, 2017, at 1:49 PM, Jim Brain <brain at jbrain.com> wrote:
>
>> On 4/24/2017 6:55 AM, Peter Cetinski wrote:
>>>

>>> You can find the MC68000 board set (you’ll need a CPU board and at least one memory board) on eBay quite often.  In most cases, it will be the Model 16 6Mhz board which will allow you to run TRS-XENIX 1.x.  If you’re lucky, you’ll find the Model 6000 8Mhz board which will allow you to run Xenix 3.2.
> Information I have now suggests Xenix 3.2 will run on the 6MHz boards, but does need the massive RAM.  Does anyone have Xenix disks and a 1MHz 12 or 16B and can test?
>
> Jim

You will need the PAL upgrade to get the 6Mhz board to run Xenix 3.x. This is documented in the Model 16 tech bulletins you can find in the model2archive.  But, the required PAL chips are pretty much unobtanium now.  There is a seller on eBay who had a few upgraded 6Mhz boards for sale recently.  He may still have some.

The 8mhz boards are similarly unobtanium.

The Xenix 1.x and 3.x disk images can all be found in the model2archive.