Any faithful VT100 Emulators?

Adrian Graham binarydinosaurs at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 08:01:26 CDT 2017

On 22 March 2017 at 01:02, Warren Toomey via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org>
wrote:

> Which raises the question, are there any _good_ VT100 terminal
> emulators, especially for Linux? For any other platforms?

You don't specify open source or commercial, but for windows I used to
constantly use PowerTerm525 at work, it's originally an Ericom product but
DEC bundled it in with the Pathworks client and it did everything I needed
as an old coder who used to write for all the VT1xx AVO features. These
days I use PuTTY which works fine for all my VMS stuff but you also still
have Reflection (pair) and TeraTerm (free).

Even now though I still miss the EDT keypad, muscle memory is a great
thing, having just added this line in I automatically hit KP0 to cursor
down to the next line :)

Linux, no idea. I seem to use lxterm mostly, and minicom for serial
terminal stuff.

Cheers,

--
adrian/witchy
Owner of Binary Dinosaurs, the UK's biggest home computer collection?