Introducing the UUCP/Usenet Project

Bill Gunshannon bill.gunshannon at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 21 17:47:39 CDT 2017

From: cctalk [cctalk-bounces at classiccmp.org] on behalf of Seth Morabito via cctalk [cctalk at classiccmp.org]
Sent: Tuesday, March 21, 2017 5:44 PM
To: Warren Toomey via cctalk
Subject: Re: Introducing the UUCP/Usenet Project

* On Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 10:33:36AM +1000, Warren Toomey via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
> Hi all, as part of the upcoming 50th anniversary of Unix in mid-2019,
> a bunch of people are working to rebuild the mid-1980s uucp/Usenet
> network using (real/simulated) period-accurate systems. To make things
> easier, we are simulating the dialup lines too.

This is an absolutely wonderful idea.

I would very much like to get one of my 3B2s up and running on this new
UUCP network. I still have a mostly fallow land line that I can use.
When I have some time in the next week or two, I'll try to get things
ready under SVR3 UNIX.

-Seth
--
Seth Morabito
web at loomcom.com

My introduction to UUCPNet, emai and USENET News was on a couple of 3B2's.
Great machines.  I used to have two of them at home but they died over a decade ago.
Somewhere arounf  here I still have my xerox of the WE3200 architecture manual.  I
loved that CPU.

bill