Tektronix Terminal Emulation

Torfinn Ingolfsen tingox at gmail.com
Sat Mar 11 11:08:01 CST 2017

On Sat, Mar 11, 2017 at 5:14 PM, Douglas Taylor via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> I like using the laptop as a console because I can log my terminal session
> while I'm installing software, etc.  Kermit on debian linux comes without
> any terminal emulation for some reason.

In general, kermit under Linux (and other unix-like operating systems)
expect you to start kermit from the terminal emulator of your choice,
and "inherits" whatever terminal emulation you have started it from.
FWIW, I've successfully done vt100 with kermit started from xterm.

>  One of the things that I tried was
> running kermit inside the xterm window, I was able to connect to the Vax but
> was unable to test the graphics portion.

Are you sure that your xterm has Tektronix graphics emlation compiled
in / enabled?
I haven't tested graphics emulation yet, because I don't have a
vintage machine that supports it.
HTH
--
Regards,