Full immersion emulation

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Sun Mar 5 02:14:34 CST 2017

On Thu, Mar 02, 2017 at 07:26:25AM -0500, allison via cctalk wrote:
> I just fire up the PDP-11/73 (RL02, RX02, RD52x3,), then Microvax-II/GPX,
> Then the PDP-8f....

Right now in the server room here at the house it's at 77dB -- well,
right at the server rack; it's a bit lower where I sit.  There's only
7U powered up right now, though, and the x3850 doesn't have its fans
on due to the open windows and pleasant conditions outside.  So, it
could be worse -- and has been.

For instance, I could turn on the G5 RackMac to measure it, but since
I have those windows open it would only piss off the neigbhors :-)

(ok, ok, once the OS takes over the fan control, that one drops to
only "pretty annoying" from "banshee".  Where did Apple get these
damned fans from, anyway?)

mcl