Full immersion emulation

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Wed Mar 1 14:03:39 CST 2017

On Wed, 1 Mar 2017, Tony Duell via cctalk wrote:
> But presumably on an emulator there will be some kind of volume control.
> Or even unplug the speaker(s) if you want silence...

But, the REAL experience did not include volume control or speaker
disconnect!   THAT was part of the real experience.

The Computer History Museum had a running 1401 room.  But, they did more
conscientious maintenance that we were accustomed to in the old days, so
it just didn't SMELL the same.    A dish of oil on a hotplate might be
close enough, until SMELL-O-VISION catches on.