Paper tape carriers and paper tape

Philipp Hachtmann hachti at hachti.de
Wed Mar 1 09:16:51 CST 2017

On 11/11/2016 05:53 PM, Al Kossow wrote:

>> No stock, or no cards?  I would think that one of the paper manufacturers would be putting out postcard stock of the right specifications.
> This has been discussed for several years here. No one is making paper stock to IBM card stock specifications.
Yes. No wonder... But perhaps one could find something that is just
similar enough. There are so many papers out there! If you want the
official stuff with (not only that!) X and y separately specified shrink
rated with respect to humidity, specified dielectric constant and so on
- you're lost. But if you look for something that just runs pretty
nicely on old card readers, it could (!) be easier.

> Using a paper folder to convert roll to fanfold has also been discussed.
> Nothing has resulted from either discussion.
The missing word: "yet" - who knows what will still happen!

Philipp