SONY NWS-1250 PSU

Jon Elson elson at pico-systems.com
Sun Jan 29 11:51:26 CST 2017

On 01/28/2017 01:12 PM, Plamen Mihaylov wrote:
> I recently obtained Sony portable model - NWS-1250 from Japan.
> There is a bottom label "AC 100V", however the PSU has 100-120V and
> 220-240V label.
Is there a voltage selector switch?  If not, I'd open it up
and check for a jumper inside to set the voltage.  There
WERE some devices that had relays inside that switched in
the multiplier on the rectifier when powered from low voltage.
But, most older 120/240 devices needed to have the input
circuit selected manually.

Jon