ODEC/ Data 100/ LC8-P (M8365) PDP8 printer interface schematics

Jon Elson elson at pico-systems.com
Sun Jan 29 22:27:49 CST 2017

On 01/29/2017 06:42 PM, David Gesswein wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 02:00:55PM +0100, Mattis Lind wrote:
>> Finally I managed to scan it correctly.
>>
>> It is the MP00075 which does not seem to be online.
>>
>> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-rp4vyPPYu1VjF1ZXJpSVBTZ1JBelFYMjRDR2VtYVRfSWw0
>>
> Thanks. Now have my ODEC/Data 100 model 1422 chain printer working with my 8/E.
>
> Anybody heard of that company or familiar with the printer? It seems to have
> changed name from ODEC to Data 100 at time time. Was located in Warwick
> Rhode Island.
> Earlier model but similar http://www.dvq.com/ads/acm/odec_acm_72.pdf

I think we had an Odec chain printer that another group gave
us to use on our VAX.  I hacked it up to shut off the chain
motor when it wasn't printing, and then restart it when
print data came in.  It had a HORRIBLE habit of running the
ribbon off the track and crumpling the edges.  It had some
bars with 45 degree angles that folded the ribbon over to
make a 90 degree change in direction to the reels.  When the
ribbon was just a little used, it lost some stiffness and
started folding and rolling over the edges.  Then the chain
would grab it and make a mess.  Otherwise, it was a REALLY
nice printer.

Jon