Need manual for a floppy drive...

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Sun Jan 29 12:44:58 CST 2017

On Sun, 29 Jan 2017, geneb wrote:
> I've got a Panasonic JU-455-5 AAG (5.25, 360K) that I'd like to use in a

Can't help with those manuals.  Gave them away long ago.
But, be aware that that same drive was also sold as the Shugart 455,
Matsushita 455, and National?
The Shugart printing of the manual should be more readily available.

Other variants, that should be the same for THIS issue include
465 : "720K" 96tpi double density
475 : "1.2M" 96tpi high density; I don't remember whether the 475 was a
dual speed version

> Note that the drive seems to operate without issue other than the drive
> light.  Boots, etc.

That sounds more like a minor hardware failure than configuration