What's the rarest or most unusual computer-related item do you own?

Ed Sharpe couryhouse at aol.com
Sun Jan 29 05:58:27 CST 2017

Doug ... which sites or state was your dad working on them? Railroad owned some IRS too..

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail

On Saturday, January 28, 2017 Douglas Taylor <dj.taylor4 at comcast.net> wrote:
I have a certificate that my father was given in 1957 for training on a
Honeywell Datamatic 1000 computer.

Here is a summary of this 'advance' in computer technology from the ACM:

The DATAmatic 1000 (D-1000) is a high-capacity electronic
data-processing system designed specifically for application to the
increasingly complex problems and procedures of present-day business.
The system incorporates significant new systems techniques, as well as
several basically new component developments. One of the outstanding
features of the D-1000 is its ability to feed information from magnetic
tape into the central processor at a sustained rate of 60,000
decimal-digits per second, and to deliver data after processing back to
magnetic tape at this same rate. The operational speed of the central
processor maintains full compatibility with the high speed of
information transfer. Consequently, the difficulties caused by programs
which are either tape limited or processing-time limited do not arise in
the majority of commercial applications of this system.

Doug