Tested Wyse and IBM terminals and keyboards available

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 12:28:06 CST 2017

On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 12:52 PM, Electronics Plus <sales at elecplus.com> wrote:
> If you are looking for tested working legacy IBM terminals with tested
> complete M122 keyboards, please contact
> <mailto:bfloyd at southtexasproducts.com> bfloyd at southtexasproducts.com. He
> will sell the tested monitors with kbds for $85 plus shipping. Monitors
> might have slight screen burn, but nothing really bad. He will also do
> international shipping. He has 3151, 3196, 3197, and similar ones

I have a working IBM 3101 terminal I got working with Linux.  The
"magic" was a terminfo entry that leverages the screen for as much as
it will do (it has a few more feature sequences than a VT52, and way
less than a VT100).

http://www.classiccmp.org/pipermail/cctech/2016-January/014746.html
(looks like the link to the referenced terminfo file is now dead).

I know the 3151 is a later model in the sequence - it appears to
emulate the IBM 3101, plus the ADM-3A, ADM-5, ADDS Viewpoint A2,
Hazeltine 1500, and various Televideo TVI 9xx models.

$85 for a working dumb terminal sounds pretty good these days.

-ethan