What's the rarest or most unusual computer-related item do you own?

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 17:49:49 CST 2017

On Tue, Jan 17, 2017 at 3:18 PM, Jerry Weiss <jsw at ieee.org> wrote:

>> On Jan 17, 2017, at 12:58 PM, Alan Frisbie <Flash688 at flying-disk.com> wrote:
>> I just joined this list, so I'm not sure which of the items I own
>> would be considered by this group to be rare or unusual, but here
>> goes…
>>
> Hi Alan,
>
> Nice to see you on the list.   If memory serves me correctly, you presented
> a talk on (very) high speed data acquisition at DECUS a few decades ago.

I might have been in the audience for that talk...

>> DEC RKV11D Q-Bus controller for RK05 disks (on my LSI-11/73 system)
>> Originally, it only supported 16-bit addressing, but I added the
>> chip and wires to make it support 18-bit addressing.   I have never
>> even heard of another of these controllers, so I assume it is rare.

Cool.  Is that mod documented (on-line, that is... not just on some
35-year-old paper)?  I have an RKV11D that I've used under RT-11 with
16-bit memory... love to put it on a larger machine.

Good luck on posting your stuff.  I'm far away so I'm not likely to be
interested in anything huge and heavy, but I'll take a peek.

Cheers,

-ethan