What's the rarest or most unusual computer-related item do you own?

Tony Duell ard.p850ug1 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 14:43:44 CST 2017

On Tue, Jan 17, 2017 at 6:58 PM, Alan Frisbie <Flash688 at flying-disk.com> wrote:
> I just joined this list, so I'm not sure which of the items I own
> would be considered by this group to be rare or unusual, but here
> goes...

Don't I remember you from vmsnet.pdp11 or comp.sys.dec?

> DEC RKV11D Q-Bus controller for RK05 disks (on my LSI-11/73 system)
> Originally, it only supported 16-bit addressing, but I added the
> chip and wires to make it support 18-bit addressing.   I have never
> even heard of another of these controllers, so I assume it is rare.

They're not common. I have one (not modified for 18 bit addressing).

>  Is it OK to post ads on this list?

Yes, AFAIK. An early FAQ for this list specifically allowed ads (for
sale and wanted) and I don't think that has changed. Provided said
ads are related to classic computing of course.

-tony