What's the rarest or most unusual computer-related item do you own?

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Thu Jan 12 14:18:01 CST 2017

On 01/12/2017 11:19 AM, Sam O'nella wrote:
> https://www.flickr.com/photos/85127208@N05/7799377360/in/photostream
> Not sure if this URL will share properly but this is one item I'd
> love to hear if anyone knows about. Definitely one of my most unusual
> prices however I bought it from a fellow collector and he got it from
> a friend's pawn shop find so not much on the true origin other than
> speculation. I haven't had time to fix it, but even the molecular
> connectors for the power are a but unusual. I brought it to our VCF
> South/Southwest a few times for showing early Portable computers.

That brings back some KIM-1 memories!  I recall a KIM-fan friend who
ordered up a complete KIMSI S-100 adapter, as well as a standard S100
case and PSU from Integrand, complete with 5.25" floppy cutout.  I took
on the task of helping him out getting the floppy (a Shugart SA400)
going.  It was a bit of a nightmare with the big power transformer
living in the same box.  We had to work up some shielding for the drive.

--Chuck