Were C64's used in editing video like the Amigas - also need Amiga keyboard?

Syd Bolton sbolton at bfree.on.ca
Wed Jan 11 20:38:26 CST 2017

 No, C64's were too limited (8-bit) to do anything video related.

 However, video production was actually possible with the Amiga 1000 as
 you could get the Amiga 1300 Genlock, and the Amiga itself always
 natively produced composite video ....real true non-linear editing with
 the computer itself however was really only done with the Toaster Flyer
 unit (the Video Toaster itself just produced video effects/titling and
 came bundled with LightWave 3D).

 I used to be a Commodore dealer, and the NewTek (Video Toaster)
 distributor in Canada, so if you need any info hit me up!

 Syd Bolton
 Personal Computer Museum
 http://www.pcmuseum.ca