Sunday brain tickler

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Sun Jan 8 10:03:57 CST 2017

I'm looking at a sample of what I see as a directory of sorts and am
attempting to decode the file names from it.  They're not anything as
elegant as Rad50, but the encoding has escaped my weary brain.

The system in question is a Lanier 103 word processor.

Here are some samples.  Can anyone come up with the encoding scheme?  It
can't be very complex as this was a comparatively brain-dead system:

(All values in hex)

c4 a3 75 6a ab 52 00 00
5c 25 15 1b 4c 40 00 00
cd 6d 15 7a a6 10 cb 82
a1 7a c1 c0 00 00 00 00
94 2f 38 40 00 00 00 00
d0 7f 9f 12 25 fd 53 28

The recurrence of these strings in what appears to be a block directory
in the same position tell me that they must be file names.   The file
data itself is in ASCII, more or less (special formatting codes).  The
distribution of values to me suggests some sort of bit-packing algorithm
is involved.

Thanks for any suggestions.

--Chuck