LGP-30 Memory Drum Update

Christian Corti cc at informatik.uni-stuttgart.de
Wed Jan 4 05:58:43 CST 2017

On Tue, 3 Jan 2017, Al Kossow wrote:
> There are running LGP-30s. Should be short work with a digital
> oscillosope to capture the flux changes. Hopefully, someone has done
> this already.

Of course, we did this initially in 1999 when we got our first LGP-30, and
a couple of times later on. The last time was a few months ago when we
suspected a bad sector/track, but it turned out that there was a 50 Hz hum
on the read amplifier supply voltage (an electrolytic cap on a module lost
its capacity).
We both have analog recordings (from digitizing scopes) and logic analyzer
dumps. So concerning the LGP-30, all relevant information about the drum
has been saved :-)

Christian