DEC VT100/220 line wrapping semantics sought

Mattias Engdegård mattiase at acm.org
Mon Jan 2 10:32:53 CST 2017

1 jan. 2017 kl. 23.38 skrev Al Kossow <aek at bitsavers.org>:

> I'll put my copy on line. It's 70mb, the mirrors should have it sometime tomorrow.

Many thanks! Very interesting reading; the information I was looking for is on page D-13.
While the document makes the architectural intent reasonably clear, it also says:

  It should be noted that existing products vary widely in their
  handling of the end-of-line condition in regards to resetting the
  Last Column Flag.

For that reason, I would still be very grateful if someone with an actual VT100 or later would run the previously mentioned test program at https://raw.githubusercontent.com/mattiase/wraptest/master/wraptest.c. It should build on any Posix system and should be easy to adapt in any case. I'll summarise any contributions.