IBM Series/1 listed on UK Ebay

Bill Gunshannon bill.gunshannon at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 22 11:16:16 CST 2017

From: cctalk [cctalk-bounces at classiccmp.org] on behalf of jim stephens [jwsmail at jwsss.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2017 10:33 AM
To: General Discussion: On-Topic and Off-Topic Posts
Subject: Re: IBM Series/1 listed on UK Ebay

On 2/22/2017 3:47 AM, dave.g4ugm at gmail.com wrote:
> Price is a bit silly....
> ... the last one sold in the USA went for $200...
>
> Dave
Also, the motorcycle term used to describe this system's condition, is
"ridden hard and put up wet".

Compare to $5000 asking for the full running PDP 11/34 which was listed
(and I think is still wanting for a bid) recently.

For $5000 I would even consider selling some of my PDP-11's
The best offer I ever had was $100 for everything (about 10
working systems) minus the heavy parts that even the scrapyard
usually won't take.

bill