Q Bus Music Board

Pontus Pihlgren pontus at Update.UU.SE
Tue Feb 21 13:17:42 CST 2017

On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 12:28:55PM -0500, allison wrote:

> The board was called Gigilo.

Ah, another keyword to look for.

> I have one and last I tried it it was operational I also have a minor chunk
> of code to do
> some music under RT11.   Currently deeply buried and not in my easy search
> path.

Is both code and hardware burried? Preserving the software for reference
might be valuable should I ever find the hardware.

> It was as believed at the time I worked for DEC that it was developed
> internally for
> things like DECworld.   Its never been clear if it was for QBUS PDP-11 use
> or MicroVAX.

I see, uhm.. what is/was DECworld?

> The number on the handle was the handle part number and not relevant to any
> product.

Ah, that explains the odd format (not an M-number).

> The AY-3 are the sound generator chips as it does two channels of sound.
> The EY-0105e may be a document (spec or drawing).

It certainly looks like a DEC document numbering scheme. In the ebay
auction it was decsribed a an "A6006 Analog output board". I think that
is something entirely different, or is it related?

Thank you for shedding some light on it.

/P