New batch of pdp8 OMNIBUS to USB interface! Please Read and react!

Holm Tiffe holm at freibergnet.de
Sun Feb 19 11:01:48 CST 2017

Philipp Hachtmann wrote:

> > For sure there are many things still todo for the KiCad people, but this
> > nose high attitude "thats vor arduino people only" is the wrong thing
> > for sure.. (german saying: Hochmut kommt vor dem Fall)
> Haha, you probably got me wrong. I never even tried out KiCAD - because
> I had no idea why I should try out something else in the moment.
>
> > It could do much much more and much better than what you pay for it.
> I am not sure. I have read about no tight coupling between schematic and
> board. That's a no-go for me.

..and this is simply wrong.
Most eagle users are complaining aboZ
ut a not so tight coupling between the schematic symbols and the
footprint (which you can change in the schematic editor or in a program
called cvpcb) and this is a entirely different thing.

> > Do you want to know how eagles UI feels from my point of view?

yes .. but from far away. :-)

> It's a well known disaster for newcomers. Many completely un-logic
> aspects. Evil pitfalls in the schematic editor. The strangest copy and
> paste mechanisms.
> But... If you are throgh that. And have already forgotten how
> frustrating Eagle's UI once was... everything is fine then.
> I really love the console input on Eagle. I can do many things by just
> typing in commands. Normal work does not involve pulldown menus.
>
> Wen I first encountered eagle it was running under DOS. No windows.
> Don't remember if there was a schematic editor. And not much to click.
>
> :-)

To this times I've used Orcad on a Robotron EC1834 :-) It don't even had
a mice, I've managed to use a graphics tablet (K6405) for that but it
wasn't rally neccessary.

Nevertheless, I don't think that I want to push you to use KiCad,
but you _really_ should change your attitude about it. This isn't really
playing stuff for kids anymore..
simply watch some of the youtube videos explainig that push and shove
router, that is a really nice thing I don't want to miss anymore.
For sure you will find out that KiCad isn't eagle, but it never wanted
it to be..

Regards,

Holm

info at tsht.de Fax +49 3731 74200 Tel +49 3731 74222 Mobil: 0172 8790 741