PDP 11/70 by PiDP8/i maker

jim stephens jwsmail at jwsss.com
Sat Feb 18 01:58:10 CST 2017

Thanks for the replies, I found what I was looking for.  The prototype @
VCF West last august was wonderful, and am glad he is finally getting
the injection molds to work.

The Vacuform he wants to do for the VT05 case, by the way can
potentially be done with wood molds (if you are good @ woodworking), or
if you are brave and have a case, you could probably construct a mold
from an original by taking an impression off it and cleaning that up.  I
think with the molds at least around here in Orange County there are a
number of shops doing vacuform type services for all sorts of things and
could make the cases.

Other locations w/o such as they have here might not have as many
choices and might have to try doing their own manufacturing.

(The VT05 discussion I'm commenting on is on the same discussion board
as I received from Nigel Williams via a direct email reply).

https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!topic/pidp-8/uFkciMFuHHg

Thanks
Jim